Most cruise lines base their rates on double occupancy, which means that solo travelers pay the cost of a room for two guests, with the exception of taxes and port charges. During low season, cruise lines may offer reduced rates for solo travelers. Some cruise lines, such as Norwegian, offer specially designed studio rooms for single travelers at a reduced rate.
Articles in this section
- What should I consider when choosing a room?
- What information do I need when booking my cruise?
- How should I provide my name when booking my cruise?
- What is a guarantee room?
- Can I make changes to a guarantee room?
- How do I book multiple rooms?
- Do guests pay the same cruise fare when staying in the same room?
- Are there military or senior discounts available?
- Are cruises fares cheaper for children and infants?
- Are there special rates for single (solo) travelers?