Below are a few common questions and answers about Future Cruise Credits and how to use them.
This information is only for future cruise credits related to temporary suspension of cruise line operations.
When you are ready to begin the planning process call one of our dedicated travel agents to redeem your future cruise credit. We are ready to help you plan your next vacation!
When will I receive my Future Cruise Credit (FCC)?
- For all cruises canceled from March 14, 2020 - March 31, 2021, guests who have paid in full will automatically receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit sent to email on file.
What is the value of the Future Cruise Credit based on?
- The value of the Future Cruise Credit is based on the original amount paid. Applicable prepaid services and government taxes and fees will continue to be issued in a refund.
What happens if there's a difference in cruise fare and the Future Cruise Credit issued?
If your new cruise booking is greater than the value of your Future Cruise Credit, you will be responsible for the difference.
Alternatively, if the new cruise fare is lower than the Future Cruise Credit value, a new Future Cruise Credit will be issued for the balance.
Can I give my Future Cruise Credit to a friend or family member?
- No, the Future Cruise Credit is non-transferable and non-refundable.
Can I book my next cruise before I receive the cancelled sailings Future Cruise Credit?
- Absolutely, simply rebook the desired future ship and sail date, pay the requested deposit on the booking to hold the reservation, and apply the FCC once received.
Can the Future Cruise Credit be used for the deposit?
- Future Cruise Credit must be applied to the cruise fare and cannot be used for the deposit.
How long will I have to redeem my Future Cruise Credit?
- The Future Cruise Credit can be used on any sailing departing on or before December 31, 2021. If unused, we will automatically refund 100% of the cruise credit.
What happens if I have purchased pre-cruise items on a sailing that is now canceled? (Ex. Shore excursions, drink packages, etc.)
- Pre-cruise purchases will be refunded to the original form of payment and will be issued the later of either 60 days after the original sail date or 60 days from the date you complete the online form.
If the value of my Future Cruise Credit is higher than the cost of my new cruise, can I get an onboard credit for the difference?
- No, your remaining Future Cruise Credit balance (if applicable), will be converted into a new Future Cruise Credit.
If I was traveling with a friend and at the time of the re-booking he/she doesn't want to travel, can I go alone?
- Yes, keep in mind the full value of the Future Cruise Credit will apply to the future booking. MSC will not provide either a refund or an Future Cruise Credit to the individual that subsequently decides not to travel. Single supplement charges will apply and, if the future booking costs more than the original booking, the guest is responsible to pay the difference. If the price of the future booking is less than the original booking, a Future Cruise Credit for the balance will be issued to the guests that appeared in the original reservation.