Pre-Cruise & Embarkation Day
Enhanced Screening Protocols
- Prior to boarding, an online health and contact screening questionnaire will be required.
- At embarkation, guests’ temperatures will be taken with no-contact infrared thermometers. If, for any reason, further testing is required, shoreside medical treatment centers are within close proximity.
Pre-boarding medical test and isolation periods, in-depth health and safety training, face coverings and social distancing are required.
Crew must have certified medical clearance certificate plus undergo pre-boarding COVID-19 testing and are kept in an isolation period prior to embarking
Increased Sanitation Measures
- Your luggage handles will be sanitized before delivery to your stateroom.
Increased Sanitation Measures
- Protocols continue to change; however, at this time, guests are required to wear face coverings when moving through public spaces.
- We will have ample hand sanitizers available throughout the ship and their frequent use is required by all guests and crew.
- Our crew has implemented enhanced cleaning and disinfecting measures throughout the ship.
- Special attention will be paid to areas like staircases, public washrooms, armrests in the lounge and guardrails.
- We use hospital-grade disinfectants for continual surface cleaning in public areas.
- Additional deep cleaning will take place throughout the entire ship between each sailing.
- Your designated stateroom steward will clean your stateroom twice daily.
- Bicycles, fitness mats and equipment will be thoroughly sanitized after each use. Use of the Fitness Room is by appointment with cleaning time between use.
- We use state-of-the-art fan coil air conditioning units; there is no recirculating of air on board our ships.
- Each stateroom has its own sophisticated heating/cooling system – a fan coil unit located in the ceiling inside the stateroom above the entry area.
- The main public areas – lounge and restaurants – have their own high-quality air-fog system to continuously ensure clean air.
- On our European ships, there are no air conditioning systems blowing cold air that would circulate throughout the entire ship as you would find in standard air conditioning units.
- Throughout Europe and Asia, we provide a variety of onboard wellness activities led by professionally trained Wellness Hosts. Whenever weather permits, these small-group classes will be held on our spacious open-air Sun Decks.
- Safety and social distancing will be enhanced throughout our dining room.
- Our dining room setups and attentive service will be compliant with social distancing guidelines and current food and beverage safety recommendations.
- Our crew will serve you at your table and will be happy to offer you a similar choice of menu items formerly available at our buffets.
- A limited room service menu will also be available during mealtimes.
- Health will be monitored for potential symptoms as well as through twice daily temperature checks.
- Crew will be required to wear face coverings during working hours and continue to respect social distancing in their living quarters.
Responsible Social Distancing
- There will be limitations to the number of guests allowed to sail with us. Non-essential visitors are not permitted on board.
- You will have plenty of space to roam as we will limit the number of guests on board depending on the most up-to-date guidelines in effect at the time of sailing.
- For 2020 sailings, the current regulations for river cruise ships are set at a maximum capacity of 100 guests. We anticipate that many departures will have even fewer guests on board.
Enhanced Health & Safety Trainings and Continued Education for Crew Members
- All our crew have participated in in-depth training on enhanced operating protocols led by our experienced corporate Designated Hygiene Officer in consultation with international and national health authorities.
- Each ship has their own Public Health Officer overseeing all aspects of health and sanitation for guests and crew.
Extended Ship to Shore Safety
- Quietvox system allows you to hear your guide during excursions while permitting comfortable social distancing
- A brand-new set of headphones that plugs into the Quietvox will be provided to you at the beginning of your sailing; you may also bring and use your own personal set of plug-in headphones.
- Shore excursions will be conducted in small groups. Guests must use hand sanitizers when getting on and off our coaches that are thoroughly cleaned each morning.
- In the event that ships are docked side by side, guests will be required to pass over Sun Decks.